Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncodude

BSU BYU ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

This thread has devolved into a whole lot of stupid.

I don't think there's a BSU fan that doesn't want to beat BYU. I just don't think there will be many going all Chicken Little if we lose. It's really that simple. There are some people here being way too obtuse. We want to beat BYU. Will we? Who knows, that's why we're playing. Is this game as important to us as last night's game against Nevada, or last week against Utah State, or in two weeks against SDSU? No. Deal with it. But it doesn't mean we don't want to beat BYU.

I'm going to be severely bummed if we lose. Then I'll wake up the next morning and look forward to hopefully revenging our loss last year to San Diego.

Now we're screwed.

Who would have imagined that my allegiance carried so much weight?  What will you do now?

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

Its sad that no one in Idaho is interested in this game.  Its MWC or bust now.

I heard there were a couple tickets left and no one will buy them,  just sad.

If it were a MWC game the scalpers would be out in force.  Its hard for me

to understand what the Cougs are playing for, no chance at a Nat. title or a

big bowl game,  just being on ESPN is worth ?

Stinks that BSU has to go OOC for a game that means little to BSU at this point.

We don't. I'm sure your biggest game this year was Fresno, second USU, third Washington.

Depending on who you ask we fit in somewhere between four and twelve.

That's about right. Do i want bsu to win? Of course. It's just not as big as recent games because neither team is ranked and it won't change bowl options.

Posted Image

That's about right. Do i want bsu to win? Of course. It's just not as big as recent games because neither team is ranked and it won't change bowl options.

I am going to give Fresno the benefit of the doubt and say they win out until the MWCC game. I will also assume that Boise wins the rest of their MWC games.(You lose to BYU of course)

Fresno wins and you guys go to the Vegas Bowl.

Fresno loses and  you guys probably go to the Vegas Bowl.

CVEcMlXUEAAtMZW.png

In terms of exposure it's a lot bigger than any MWC bowl or any bowl BYU will play in. Care to make a wager on which game brings better ratings? I promise the Mountain West championship will have more viewers than BYU s bowl game.

It could and it might gain more exposure than any MWC Bowl or BYU's Bowl game...  But I like the exposure BYU will get playing Notre Dame on NBC this year, just like they did last year...

What I do know is BYU has been getting more than their fair share of exposure since going Indy...

2011:

5 games on ESPN

4 games on ESPN2

2 games on ESPNU

1 game on Fox Sports

1 game on BYUTV

BYU Home games: 2- ESPN, 2- ESPN2, 2- ESPNU, 1 BYUTV

2012:

1 game on NBC

1 game on ABC

5 games on ESPN

2 games on ESPN2

1 game on ESPNU

1 game on ESPN3

1 game on Fox Sports

1 game on BYUTV

BYU Home games: 1- ABC, 3- ESPN, 1- ESPNU, 1 BYUTV

2013:

1 game on NBC

2 games on ESPN

2 games on ESPN2

3 games on ESPNU

1 game on ESPNEWS

1 game on BYUTV

2 games on CBS Soprts

1 game TBA (@Wisconsin)

BYU Home games: 1- ESPN, 2- ESPN2, 2- ESPNU, 1 BYUTV

BYU games since going Indy: 2- NBC, 1- ABC, 12- ESPN, 8- ESPN2, 6- ESPNU, 1- ESPNEWS, 1- ESPN3, 3 BYUTV, 2- Fox Sports, 2- CBS Sports, 1- TBA

BYU home gamessince going Indy: 1- ABC, 6- ESPN, 4- ESPN2, 5- ESPNU, 3 BYUTV

or in other words ESPN has took every BYU home game they can get so far...  BYU contract states BYUTV gets at least 1 home game to broadcast each year and ESPN will broadcast at least 3 games on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 and at least 1 game on ESPNU...

BYU games since going Indy: 2- NBC, 1- ABC, 12- ESPN, 8- ESPN2, 6- ESPNU, 1- ESPNEWS, 1- ESPN3, 3 BYUTV, 2- Fox Sports, 2- CBS Sports, 1- TBA

Compared that to the 3 seasons before going Indy: 5- ESPN, 1- ESPN2, 1- ESPNU, 6- Versus/NBC Sports, 5- CBS Sports, 19- The mtn, 1- BYUTV (@Utah St)

:unsure:

This thread has devolved into a whole lot of stupid.

I don't think there's a BSU fan that doesn't want to beat BYU. I just don't think there will be many going all Chicken Little if we lose. It's really that simple. There are some people here being way too obtuse. We want to beat BYU. Will we? Who knows, that's why we're playing. Is this game as important to us as last night's game against Nevada, or last week against Utah State, or in two weeks against SDSU? No. Deal with it. But it doesn't mean we don't want to beat BYU.

I'm going to be severely bummed if we lose. Then I'll wake up the next morning and look forward to hopefully revenging our loss last year to San Diego.

Boise fans are just circling the wagons to try and dismiss it if they lose. 

They'll be back to their usual ways if they win.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

They are phuking idiots in my book.

They need to get used to the idea that we aren't going to win them all and act like adults about it rather than whiny kids full of excuses and rationalizations.

This is Division 1 football and the free ride is over

;)

Free ride, good grief we had to fight for everything we've earned since 1968.  Wow ( Free Ride ), sheeeeeeeeeesh !

Boise State University Broncos !

BYU is Boyzee's Superbowl.

Biggest crowd your team will play in front of the rest of the year (and just a few thousand smaller than Husky Stadium, where, by the way, BYU wins, while Boyzee can't).

LES has 2 huge video boards which will distract your players, country bumpkins who have never been to a big city like Provo.

A further distraction will be our cute, blonde cheerleaders, nothing like those grazers that you find at your own "school" and in the MWC. Another distraction.

In addition, you will be playing players way smarter that your trucker school graduates-in-waiting. How embarrassing it will be for your truck drivers to lose to the USNWR #62 ranked NATIONAL UNIVERSITY BYU Cougars!

Last, but not least, Boyzee players will be playing a football team as old and as experienced as most NFL teams! These returned missionaries are going to rock Boyzee's socks off! Start complaining NOW about how old they are (cue UWyo fans, lol)!

Good gosh, BYU has to play a team that lost to CSUF and a plummeting UW! I'd put Boyzee as #6 in importance on BYU's schedule (after Texas, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech and Utah). Actually, I take that back. I put Boyzee as #7 after own Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl opponent (which, by the way, will be light years ahead of who Boyzee will play if they make a bowl game)  

BTW between price, and crappy seating BSU does not make it easy for opposing fans to attend games.

Opponents have a great section at Boise State. Way better than a lot of schools give up.

I sat there during the AFA game and they were the best seats I've had since we were 1AA.

I also can't imagine our pricing is more than BYU, is it?

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

BYU is Boyzee's Superbowl.

Biggest crowd your team will play in front of the rest of the year (and just a few thousand smaller than Husky Stadium, where, by the way, BYU wins, while Boyzee can't).

LES has 2 huge video boards which will distract your players, country bumpkins who have never been to a big city like Provo.

A further distraction will be our cute, blonde cheerleaders, nothing like those grazers that you find at your own "school" and in the MWC. Another distraction.

In addition, you will be playing players way smarter that your trucker school graduates-in-waiting. How embarrassing it will be for your truck drivers to lose to the USNWR #62 ranked NATIONAL UNIVERSITY BYU Cougars!

Last, but not least, Boyzee players will be playing a football team as old and as experienced as most NFL teams! These returned missionaries are going to rock Boyzee's socks off! Start complaining NOW about how old they are (cue UWyo fans, lol)!

Good gosh, BYU has to play a team that lost to CSUF and a plummeting UW! I'd put Boyzee as #6 in importance on BYU's schedule (after Texas, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech and Utah). Actually, I take that back. I put Boyzee as #7 after own Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl opponent (which, by the way, will be light years ahead of who Boyzee will play if they make a bowl game)

Lol.

Opponents have a great section at Boise State. Way better than a lot of schools give up.

I sat there during the AFA game and they were the best seats I've had since we were 1AA.

I also can't imagine our pricing is more than BYU, is it?

I suppose if you don't mind sitting in the corner of the end zone on bleachers that feel like they are going to fall down if one more fat guy like me gets on them they are all right.

An yes, they are a lot more than at BYU.  Last year, through Cougar Club I paid $90 each for those seats. Cougar Club adds a little to put into their coffers.  But by comparison, I paid $60 when we went to Mississippi, and $30 the last time at San Diego State.  And both of those times they were real seats in the stadium.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'll pay it again next year.  Because, as I have said, I like to go watch my team play.

Boise is in the top 25 in seat prices. Ridiculous

Yes it is, and your fans are starting to realize it, and complain about it.  Games like UT Martin are not coming close to selling out.  Now I realize the quality of the opponent is not great, but ticket prices should reflect that.  You pay more for a steak at Ruth Chris than you do at Sizzler.